You can see the original here.
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like.
Landline by Rainbow Rowell- I really did not like this book, in fact, I didn’t like Rainbow Rowell’s other adult novel Attachments either. I’m not sure why I don’t like her adult books as I love her YA novels. I just could not get into this story as I didn’t like any of the characters and I didn’t find the plot to be particularly engaging.
2. A Popular Book or series that everyone else seems to hate but you love.
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire– A lot of people really dislike this book but, I really enjoyed it. I liked the relationship between Travis and Abby although once Travis became possessive I stopped liking it. This book was not what I was expecting as I was expecting an abusive relationship and whilst it isn’t a cute YA romance I don’t think it was as bad as people make out.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don’t like.
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater- I didn’t like any of the ships in this book. I know a lot of people really love the relationships between these characters but I just did not get into it.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
Science Fiction- I have read quite a few dystopian novels but very few pure science fiction novels. This genre just doesn’t really interest me, I also don’t read many alien books as I haven’t had the best experiences with them.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey– A lot of people love Cassie and Evan but I really didn’t like either of these characters. I just don’t see the appeal of Evan.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
Sarah Dessen- I have read a few Sarah Dessen books and apart from Just Listen they have all been just ok and some of them I really haven’t enjoyed like That Summer. I have only read a few of her books though so I will be reading more as I want to like her books.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
I really don’t like love triangles. The only love triangle that I have really like is the Tessa/Will/Jem love triangle in the Infernal Devices. I find a lot of the time that love triangles are completely unnecessary and add very little to the plot.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
Legend by Marie Lu- I’m not going to say that I will never read this series as I might in the future but as of right now I have no interest in reading it. I do still read dystopian novels but I feel that they are all very similar and I don’t have an interest in starting another one at the moment.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
Bridget Jone’s Diary by Helen Fielding– I really did not enjoy this series but I find the films to be really enjoyable. I am looking forward to seeing the new film when it comes out this year. Another answer for this question is The Devil Wears Prada, I loved the film but was not keen on the book.