Today I thought I would do the Book Cake Tag as I love doing tag posts but I don’t think that I have done one for awhile. If you have any tag suggestions for me then let me know as I love discovering new tags.
1) Flour – A book that was a little bit slow to start off but that really picked up as it went along.
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn- I found this book really slow at the beginning but once I got to the second part I was hooked. The story became really fast paced and there were a lot of twists and turns.
2) Margarine – A book that had a really rich and great plot.
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare- This entire series has so much going on it. The world is vast and there are so many things happening throughout all the books.
3) Eggs – A book that you thought was going to be bad but actually turned out quite enjoyable.
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern– This book was had so much hype and seen a lot of people talking about it despite this I had no idea what it was about. I didn’t think that I was going to enjoy it but I did. The writing in it was so beautiful and I loved every minute of it.
4) Sugar – A sugary/sweet book.
I’ve Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella- This was really difficult to pick as any contemporary book could fit here. I decided to choose this one because it is one of my favourite Sophie Kinsella books. I love the romance between Poppy and Sam and it is just a great story.
5) Icing – A book that covered every single element that you enjoy about a book (funny moments, action moments, sad moments, etc.).
Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas– This book has everything I want from a book; action, magic and romance. I love this series so much I really need to read Queen of Shadows but I’ve heard that it is heartbreaking and I’m not sure if I am ready for my heart to be broken.
6) Sprinkles – A book series that you can kind of turn to for a little pick me up when you’re feeling down.
Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella- This is a series that I have read multiple times because I really enjoy it. It is such a lighthearted series about a girl that loves to shop. Due to it being such a quick fun read it instantly picks me up if I am feeling down.
7) The cherry on top – Your favorite book this year so far.
Winter by Marissa Meyer- This was really difficult to pick as I have a lot of books that I have really enjoyed this year. Winter was such a great conclusion to the Lunar Chronicles series and I just loved it so much. Contenders for this answer were; Little Lies by Liane Moriarty, Carry On by Rainbow Rowell and any of the Cassandra Clare books that I have read this year.
Let me know if you do this tag as I would love to see your answers.